Soccer is one of the world's most popular sports for children and adults and Special Olympics is no different with nearly 500,000 people participating.
LEVELS OF PLAY OFFERED
- Five-a-side Team Competition
- Unified Sports Five-a-side Team Competition
- Four-a-side Developmental Team Competition
- Individual Skills Competition
- Team Skills Competition
- Unified Skills Competition
- Young Athletes Soccer Demonstration
TRAINING SEASON AND COMPETITIONS
- Practices for Area teams begin in late August/early September. Athletes must train with a local Area program to be eligible to participate in the following events:
- SODE Qualifying Soccer Tournament is Sat the Delaware Union Soccer Complex in Dover. 2019 DATE TBA
- The State Soccer Team Tournament and Skills Competition takes place at the Fall Sports Festival at St. Andrew’s School in Middletown. DATE TBA
If you are brand new to Special Olympics, please visit our "New Athletes/Unified Partners" page.
Current Athletes/Unified Partners can find more information on the SODE area pages:
NOTE: The School Soccer Skills Competitions and Unified Tournaments take place in the spring at local high schools throughout the state. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.