Maple Dale Country Club in Dover hosts the annual State Golf Tournament. The event attracts nearly 100 golfers of all levels from around the state.
Following tournament play, a gala awards luncheon is held for golfers and families in the club's ballroom.
Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 (raindate is Oct. 3, 2017)
Levels of Competition
9-hole alternate shot play with an SODE athlete and Unified partner on the same team.
Beginning golfers compete in an individual skills competition consisting of driving, long-iron shots, chipping and putting. Advanced golfers play with Unified partners in 9-hole, alernate-shot play.
Visit the golf sports page for more information, including clinics and outtings.
History and Facts
- PHOTOS 2016 (DOWNLOAND FOR FREE)
- Five levels of golf are offered at National and World Games. Click here for more information.
- In 2010, more than 35,000 athletes participated in golf worldwide.
- Families are invited to attend the awards luncheon held immediately following the tournament. Families must pre-register for the luncheon (form was included in the state tournament golf registration packet) and pay the fee at the golf course.
- Families will be asked to maintain proper golf course etiquette throughout the tournament, including walking and remaining on golf cart paths while spectating. Family members and spectators should remain completely silent from the time golfers are addressing their ball through the swing, and should not be on the tee boxes, fairways or putting greens at any time. Thanks for helping make the tournament experience a wonderful one for our golfers!
- Directions to Maple Dale Country Club