Flag Football is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports in Special Olympics across the United States. Currently Delaware is only one of a handful of states that offer it as an official sport but many states are beginning to pilot the program.
LEVELS OF PLAY OFFERED:
- Individual Skills Competition
- Team Competition 5-on-5
- Unified Team Competition 5-on-5
TRAINING SEASON AND COMPETITIONS
- Fall practice for community teams begin in late August/early September. Athletes must train with a local area program to be eligible to participate in the following events:
- Wilmington Friends/SODE Football Practice Day
Sunday, August 19, 2018 at 1 pm
Wilmington Friends School, 101 School Rd., Wilmington, DE 19803
Athletes must be a registered participant of Flag Football and must be accompanied by their SODE Coach.
- SODE Qualifying Flag Football Tournament: Sunday, October 7, 2018, at the MOT Youth Football Complex, Middletown. Schedule TBA. Athletes and Unified Partners who participate in this tournament may advance to the State Tournament.
- The State Flag Football Team Tournament and Skills Competition takes place at Fall Festival on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at St. Andrew’s School, Middletown.
If you are brand new to Special Olympics, please visit our "New Athletes/Unified Partners" page.
Current Athletes/Unified Partners can find more information on the SODE area pages: