Flag Football is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports in Special Olympics across the United States. Currently Delaware is only one of a handful of states that offer it as an official sport but many states are beginning to pilot the program.
LEVELS OF PLAY OFFERED:
- Individual Skills Competition
- Team Competition 5-on-5
- Unified Team Competition 5-on-5
TRAINING SEASON AND COMPETITIONS
- Fall practice for community teams begin in late August/early September. Athletes must train with a local area program to be eligible to participate in the following events:
- Qualifying Tournament - 2019 DATE TBA at MOT Youth Football Complex in Middletown
- The State Flag Football Team Tournament and Skills Competition takes place at Fall Festival at St. Andrew’s School, Middletown. (2019 DATE TBA)
If you are brand new to Special Olympics, please visit our "New Athletes/Unified Partners" page.
Current Athletes/Unified Partners can find more information on the SODE area pages: