Bowling is one of the movement's fastest growing sports, with every U.S. Program participating in the sport and more than 300,000 athletes competing worldwide. The bowling season in Delaware begins in mid-October and culminates with the State Bowling Tournament in January.
LEVELS OF PLAY OFFERED
- Singles – Ramp
- Singles – Bumper
- Unified Doubles
- Motor Activity Training Program (MATP)
TRAINING SEASON AND COMPETITIONS
Practice for community teams begins in mid-October. Athletes must train with a local area program to be eligible to participate in the following events.
- SODE Qualifying Area Bowling Tournaments -- Athletes and Unified Partners who participate in their Area Tournament may advance to the State Tournament.
- Wilmington Wizards Area Bowling Tournament: Saturday, January 5, 2019, Bowlerama, 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Kent Wild Kats & MOT Tigers Area Bowling Tournament: Saturday, January 12, 2019, Dover, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Sussex Riptide Area Bowling Tournament: Saturday, January 12, 2019, Millsboro Lanes, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Newark Dragons Area Bowling Tournament: Sunday, January 13, 2019, Price Lanes, 9:00am - 1:00pm
- The SODE State Bowling Tournament takes place on Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Brunswick Zone Doverama
New to Special Olympics? Please visit our "New Athletes/Unified Partners" page.
Current Athletes/Unified Partners can find more information on the SODE area pages: