Champions on Tour of the Thin Blue Line
Champions on Tour of the Thin Blue Line (COTTBL) is a program partnership between Delaware Law Enforcement for Special Olympics (DE LESO) and Special Olympics Delaware (SODE) that provides adults with intellectual disabilities the opportunity to visit participating law enforcement agencies in an effort to enrich the lives of both the athletes and police employees. Individual appointments will be made on a case by case basis. (This is NOT an invitation to just show up at the station and ask for a tour.)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE
Any SODE athlete, age 18 or older, is eligible to participate. Athletes must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or other appropriate sponsor.
Any person interested in arranging a visit to their local police department, troop, or agency should communicate their request, along with an appropriate phone number and email address, to Lisa Smith, SODE director of development, at 302-831-3482 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The COTTBL is a free program that lasts between one and two hours. Activities may or may not include any of the following:
- Tour of the police facility.
- Interaction with other members of the police department.
- Tour of a police vehicle.
- Ride in a police vehicle to the department’s communication center.
- One on one interaction/conversation with a police officer for the athlete to learn more about the job and the police officer to learn more about the athlete.
- Fingerprinting experience.
*Please note that at no time during the program will participants be allowed to touch a fire arm. Officers reserve the right to postpone tours due to unforeseen circumstances.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/QUESTIONS
Contact Lisa Smith at email@example.com or 302-831-3482.