Begin Volunteer Registration process
Class A and B Volunteers: If you are new to Special Olympics and have not been in contact with anyone regarding your volunteer role, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form so that we can help you find the volunteer role that best fits your interests. The interest form can be emailed to email@example.com. It can also be faxed to 302-831-3483, or mailed to: Special Olympics Delaware, 619 S. College Ave., Newark, DE 19716. (Note: Please download and save the volunteer interest form to your computer before you start filling it out. Once saved, you can type into the form, save it again, and email as an attachment, fax or mail to us.)
Head coach, assistant coach, Unified partner, practice volunteer
Volunteers (including Unified partners) ages 18 and older
1. Complete the requirements for Class A Volunteers.
Volunteers ages 16 and 17 (including Unified partners)
1. Attend a Volunteer Orientation. (Note: Unified Partners participating with a school program do NOT have to attend a volunteer orientation. Skip to step #2.)
2. Complete the online volunteer application. (you will be asked to create a username and password AND attach a headshot photo of yourself.)
Volunteers ages 15 and younger (including Unified partners)
1. Download and complete the Youth Volunteer Form.
2. Please fax the form to 302-831-3483 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Members and Event Volunteers (handling money)
Volunteers ages 18 and older must complete the online volunteer application (you will be asked to create a username and password) and the office will complete a background check.
Volunteers ages 16 & 17 must complete the online volunteer application AND complete two (2) reference letters. The reference letters can NOT be completed by a parent or relative. Please fax the reference letters to 302-831-3483 or scan and email to email@example.com.
Event Volunteers (not handling money)
1. Complete the Volunteer Interest form.
2. You will be contacted with further instructions as your event gets closer. If you have not been assigned to an event, please contact Carly Thompson at 302-831-3479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.