USA Games - Seattle 2018
About the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games
Every four years, the USA Games provide an opportunity for athletes to compete at the national level in summer sports. The 2018 USA Games will be held in Seattle, Washington. Athletes that are selected will be members of TEAM DELAWARE.
• The Special Olympics USA Games is a premier, national sports competition that showcases the power and joy of sports at the highest levels.
- The USA Games take place every four years.
- Previous host cities were Ames, Iowa (2006); Lincoln, Nebraska (2010); and Lawrenceville, New Jersey (2014).
• Now in its fourth running, the next Special Olympics USA Games will take place in Seattle in July 2018. From July 1-6, 2018 more than 4,000 athletes and coaches from all 50 states and the District of Columbia will descend upon Seattle and the surrounding region.
- 14 sports will be offered including swimming, flag football and soccer.
- 10,000 volunteers will be recruited to support the Games.
- 10,000 family members and friends and 70,000 spectators are expected to attend.
- Venues include the University of Washington, King County Aquatic Center, Seattle University and Celebration Park.
- The Special Olympics USA Games will be the biggest sporting event to hit the Seattle area in more than 25 years.
• In addition to showcasing the awe-inspiring abilities of thousands of athletes with intellectual disabilities, the 2018 USA Games in Seattle will model the ideals of inclusion and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Special Olympics movement.
- The 2018 USA Games will serve as a catalyst for the City of Inclusion initiative and will showcase the work Seattle area businesses and organizations are doing to create a community where people with intellectual disabilities are meaningfully and fully welcome and valued.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT SPECIALOLYMPICSUSAGAMES.ORG.