More than 1,500 athletes from around the state take part in several bowling tournaments offered during the months of January and February.
Due to the popularity of the sport, several tournaments are held at Bowlerama in New Castle, Brunswick Doverama in Dover, Milford Bowl in Milford, and Millsboro Lanes in Millsboro. The Area tournaments are held on a Saturday in January and the school tournaments take place during the school day in February/March.
Sponsors include: Delmarva Power, Discover, Edgewell, M and T Bank, and WSFS.
State Tournament - Saturday, Feb. 18 at Brunswick Doverama
School Tournaments Schedules and Locations (all school events begin at 10:15 a.m. and should end by 1:30 p.m.)
Levels of Competition
*The option to use a ramp or bumpers (but not both together) is offered in all events where appropriate.
Motor Activity Training Program events (separate competitions, see dates above)
Visit our bowling sports page for more information.
- It is SODE's highest-participation sport.
- In 2016, more than 1,500 athletes participated in bowling statewide.
- Concessions will be available at all bowling houses.
- Families will be asked to remain out of the bowling area during competition to allow athletes ample room to bowl and sit in between frames. We appreciate you respecting this request.
- Directions to Bowlerama, New Castle
- Directions to Brunswick Doverama, Dover
- Directions to Milford Bowl, Milford
- Directions to Millsboro Lanes, Millsboro